Monday, April 22, 2019

The Era of the Jeep


This weekend I bought a Jeep. Guess she's my mid-life crisis vehicle. She's a 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara. Ocean Blue Metallic. I don't get new vehicles for myself very often (I've had my truck seventeen years and 174,000 miles) so I got a lot of options on her. I plan on keeping her a very long time. We get a new vehicle for my wife every five years or so, so that's a different story. But I plan on having the jeep around for the next two decades...if she's a good vehicle. So I wanted to make sure I had her loaded up for the long ride. So far she's been great fun to drive.

I had to have her specially ordered and when I got her she only had five miles on the odometer. We put 200 miles on her just over the long Easter weekend. I took off the two front freedom roof panels on Saturday. That was a blast to drive around in, much cooler than even a sunroof. My wife was just a little too short to help me get the back roof off. It's not that heavy, just kind of awkward to get off if you're short so I'll have to have a buddy help me take it on or off. So I wasn't able to go full convertible with it yet. My son's growing fast so he'll be able to help me with it soon.

Now, I gotta put the beloved seventeen year old truck up for sale.