Tuesday, April 30, 2019

So Long, Big Sandy...


Today is a bittersweet day. After 17 years and 174,000 miles I say goodbye to Big Sandy, my beloved Chevy Avalanche. She was the best and most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Big Sandy handled ice and snow in Colorado like it was nothing at all. She plowed through wind storms in Oklahoma and torrential downpours in Indiana as if it were a pleasant day. She brought our son home from the hospital back in 07. She hauled mountain bikes, mulch, sod, luggage and everything you could think of without a sweat. She was a great vehicle for watching movies at the Drive-in. She was outfitted with a new bluetooth sound system a few years ago as a Father's Day present to me so she sounded awesome. She still looks great. But all good things must come to an end.

Back in 2002, the first day I drove the Avalanche to work, a fellow employee said she loved my new truck and said if I ever wanted to sell it, let her know first. It's 2019 and today I sold Big Sandy to her and her husband. I know she'll have a good home.