Thursday, January 22, 2015
McHargue was a Christian who became an atheist who became a Christian again. He writes, blogs and speaks about reconciling faith and science. He is a host of one of my favorite podcasts, The Liturgists. I'm a big fan of Science Mike and was excited to hear that he was starting a Q (question) and R (response) podcast.
This thirty minute podcast features questions sent to Science Mike about a variety of questions regarding doubt, science, faith, etc... It's a fascinating listen.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Monday, January 19, 2015
1. As you prepare to march meditate on the life and teachings of Jesus
2. Remember the nonviolent movement seeks justice and reconciliation - not victory.
3. Walk and talk in the manner of love; for God is love.
4. Pray daily to be used by God that all men and women might be free.
5. Sacrifice personal wishes that all might be free.
6. Observe with friend and foes the ordinary rules of courtesy.
7. Perform regular service for others and the world.
8. Refrain from violence of fist, tongue and heart.
9. Strive to be in good spiritual and bodily health.
10. Follow the directions of the movement leaders and of the captains on demonstrations.
Sunday, January 18, 2015
Saturday, January 17, 2015
But once I got an iPhone I discovered how great podcasts are. I listen to them in the car when I need a change from listening to music. I listen to them while running. I listen to them while washing dishes. I find podcasts a wonderful thing. It's like going back to the golden days of radio but you get to choose what you listen to. My mind has been blown by some amazing info and great storytelling. And the options are limitless! And free!
The podcasts that I've been listening to recently include the following...
The Liturgists (with Michael Gungor and Science Mike)
National Geographic Weekend (with Boyd Matson)
The Robcast (with Rob Bell)
MTN Meister (Exploring the minds of those who Explore)
Stuff You Should Know Podcast
NPR Ted Radio Hour
All Who Wander