Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Restaurant Rule

Last night I ate at Bennigans and I violated one of my restaurant rules. I ordered a steak. You should never order steak at a chain restaurant unless that is it's speciality (i.e. Texas Roadhouse). As a result my steak was horrible. Dry, chewy, and leathery.

Actually the whole Bennigans experience was lousy. Kimberly's Monte Cristo came out with only half a portion. When they brought out the other half Kim discovered it wasn't fully cooked. The manager didn't even offer to comp her meal. So Bennigans is now placed on the Restaurant black list along with TGIF Friday's. Won't go there again.

But back to my rule. I once ordered ribs at Chili's. The ribs were bland and uninspiring. I like Chili's...but I had violated my rule. Don't order ribs at a chain restaurant. Some additional corrallaries...

1.) Don't order chicken at a hamburger place. (in fact, I only order chicken at Chick-fil-a, Boston Market, Wendy's, or KFC)
2.) Don't order a hamburger at a chicken place.
3.) Don't order land food at a sea food restaurant.
4.) Don't order American at a Mexican place.

And I've tried to stop ordering a coke at places like Ruby Tuesday's and the like because it's a ripoff...$1.99 for a coke?