Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Runnin' the Bases

I've been a baseball fan all of my life. Growing up, my family and I often got to sit nine rows behind the hometeam dugout at Royals (now Kauffman) Stadium due to the fact that my Mom was able to get tix from her office who had season tickets.

Hall of Famer Gaylord Perry threw me a ball once, I was able to get lots of autographs, but I never actually got to go on the field...until a couple of weeks ago.

After a Texas Rangers game the crowd was invited to run the bases after the game. So we waited in line and actually ran the bases of the Ballpark in Arlington (forget Ameriquest Field). Sure, the experience would have been even greater had we'd been on the turf of the Kansas City Royals. But I'm not complaining. What an experience. To actually run the bases on a real major league diamond.

They actually made you run...so we took these pictures while on the move. What a day.