Friday, January 30, 2009

Superbowl Thoughts

I'm really not that interested in this year's Superbowl. It's hard for me to get into most athletic endeavors without a rooting interest involved. If I don't have a dog in the hunt...I usually don't care. I'm not into the intrinsic beauty of sports if there is such a thing or for watching a game on television just for the games sake. If the Royals aren't playing...I don't care much about that baseball game on FOX.

I might make an exception if there's an intriguing story line or if the game affects my team in some way. Watching Tech beat the longhorns was sweet. I can sometimes watch an event if I'm rooting AGAINST someone. I guess I'm not a true "sports" fan. I am a fan of certain sports teams. Still, I log too many hours on cnnsi.com and espn.com.

Most superbowls are lousy games anyway. Last year's was pretty cool...I didn't like either team...but seeing Eli Manning somehow escape the pile...lob up a desperate pass...the ball bouncing off the usually spare WR Tyree's helmet and he somehow coming down with the ball to keep the Giants drive alive. Then the Giants scoring and beating the undefeated Pats. That was a heck of a game.

This year if I have to choose I'm pulling for the Cards. I hate the Squealers. I hate Pomalaeu's (sp?) hair. I like Kurt Warner. And Zona's never been to the dance. Bout time they win it.
I'll really be into the 2012 superbowl...held in Arlington...because that's when KC will be making an appearance. My explanation for this confidence can be found here.


Otherwise...go Cards...this year at least.