Monday, April 17, 2006

CD Pick of the Week - How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

My CD pick of the week is U2's most recent release...How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.

U2 has always been hit or miss with me. Sometimes I really like their stuff. Other times...not so much. But I like every single song on this album. Message music you can rock to. Plus, I'm rooting for Bono to win the Nobel Peace Prize. He's the exception to the rule regarding celebs espousing particular issues. He's researched his cause. He's non-partisan. He passionate about a cause everyone can get behind...Africa. But regardless of what you think of his ONE Campaign...this is good music.

Here is the track list.

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own
4. Love and Peace or Else
5. City of Blinding Lights
6. All Because of You
7. Man and a Woman
8. Crumbs from Your Table
9. One Step Closer
10. Original of the Species
11. Yahweh