Wednesday, April 19, 2006

iPod Playlist - All Things Latin

This is my playlist when I'm in the mood for music with what Jelly Roll Morton called "the Spanish Tinge." I found it fitting to begin and end with different versions of Maleguena. Granted my music collection is limited...but this is what I'll play the next time I march on Dallas City Hall.

Malaguena - Brian Setzer
Real Emotions - Los Lonely Boys
La Bamba - Los Lonely Boys
Cancion Del Mariachi - Los Lonely Boys
Casa Batllo - Brazzaville
Bolero Sonamulo - Ry Cooder and Manuel Galban
Punto De Referencia - Gloria Estefan
No Me Dejes De Quererm - Gloria Estefan
Candela - Buena Vista Social Club
Chan Chan - Buena Vista Social Club
Pueblo Nueva - Buena Vista Social Club
Flor De Mal - Tito Larriva
Smooth - Santana
Corazon Espinado - Santana
Hotel California (Spanish Mix)- The Gypsy Kings
(Who Discovered)America? - Ozomatli
Love For Sale - The Stan Kenton Orchestra
El Matador - Los Fabulosos Cadillacs
Malaguena - The Stan Kenton Orchestra