Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Books I've Read So Far in 2006

It is my goal every year to read at least 12 books during the year. Sometimes I exceed that goal but last year I only read through ten books. Of course, many of those books were 900 page behemoths so that's got to count for something. So I started 2006 on fire. It's April and I've completed eight books so far this year.

Here are the books I've read so far this year...

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
In Patagonia by Bruce Chatwin
The Sickness Unto Death by Soren Kierkegaard
Live Like a Jesus Freak by Angie Kiesling
Bode; Go Fast, Be Good, Have Fun by Bode Miller
He is There and He is Not Silent by Francis A. Schaeffer
The Universe Next Door by James W. Sire
Lonesome Traveler by Jack Kerouac

I started 'The Rebel' by Albert Camus this week. I am also still wading through 'One-Hundred Years of Solitude' by Gabriel Marquez.

As I've said in the past, I like to vary my reading. Biography of intriguing figures, philosophy, history, fiction, theology, politics, society, crime novels...most everything is fair game.

The picture on this post shows me in front of the New York City Public Library. It is an amazing place. Even if you don't like books...it's architecture is breathtaking both inside and out. If the Library of Congress in D.C. is the Mecca of bibliophiles than the NYC Public Library is Medina. A fantastic temple of reading.