Friday, February 23, 2024

Go-To Listens

With so many options for music listening these days it can often be paralyzing to have to choose what to play when driving on the road, washing the dishes or just strolling through walmart on a routine shopping errand. 

Recently my two go-to options for music listening when I don't have any specific direction I particularly want to take is two older shows that no longer produce episodes. 

 

One go-to option is Theme Time Radio with Bob Dylan. This show aired on XM Radio fifteen years ago and I missed it at the time. I stumbled on past episodes a few years ago and love the variety of music choices based on a singular theme each episode. I access it here

 

 

My other go-to option is the Live From Here with Chris Thile archives. The show was great but eventually became a casualty of Covid when Minnesota Public Radio could no longer afford to fund it. I listened to many of these episodes when they first played on NPR and even saw a live performance in Austin in person but was surprised how many shows I had missed. I'm glad these shows are available to listen here.