Thursday, February 29, 2024

Leap Day

February 29th. A bonus 24 hours we get this year. Sure feels like just a regular day. Looking back through the Internet Lounge it doesn't look like I've ever commented on Leap Days. But it's strange to think how different life might look in four years. It's often difficult to long range plan but the general outline is that my son will be in college and my daughter will be just a couple of months away from graduation. My wife may be retired already and I will be just a few weeks from retiring myself. 

At least that's the plan. 

I'm writing this almost as a time capsule item. When I look back at posts and predictions from four, eight, twelve years ago or more I'm always amazed how often I was so wrong. Especially with political predictions, I have been way off more than I have been on target.

So what will February 29th, 2028 look like? I have no idea. Will Dave's Internet Lounge still be online? Will I be near retirement from PubEd? Will my kids be on track for academic success? Will my family be healthy? I certainly hope so. So, here's to another Leap Year. Let's see what happens til the next one.