Saturday, April 01, 2023

Vice

 

 

Miami Vice came out when I was in Junior High and I loved it. Friday nights at 9 pm was must-watch TV. I tried wearing dock shoes without socks but that gave me blisters so I gave that up. I did wear white Bugle Boy pants and knock off Wayfarer sunglasses. I stuck with Miami Vice even when it lost some of its cultural cachet after the third season or so.

After the show's initial run I would see it on TV every so often. The USA Network played reruns for awhile. And would I catch it on local syndication here and there. But it had been a long time since I had given it a serious watch. 

Recently I saw that it was streaming on the free Tubi app. So I've been giving it a look. I've watched the first four or five episodes of the first season and I am thoroughly enjoying it. These episodes have really held up so far. Now, I remember that not all seasons and episodes held the standard during its run. But I'm enjoying far more than I did in my re-watch of Battlestar Galactica. 

The first season is very cinematic. The plots are serious and sometimes very dark. The Ferrari Daytona (although fake) is awesome. The soundtrack is killer. I'm going to have to keep going with it I think.