Monday, September 16, 2019

Toulouse



A year ago today I was in Paris.

That was an amazing trip and I wish I was there today.

We were fortunate in many ways. We were able to climb to the top of the Cathedral of Notre Dame and see the roof and spire close up. Seven months later the roof and spire would be lost in a tragic fire.

A couple of months after our trip large and sometimes violent protests shut down much of central Paris. The Arc de Triomphe was marked with graffiti. The Champ Elysee was closed.

This week a transit strike has caused gridlock in central Paris.

All was peaceful while we were there. We enjoyed our trip immensely.

So last Saturday night I took my wife to a local French cafe on Knox Street in Dallas. This was our first visit to the Toulouse Cafe and it was fantastic. It truly looked and felt like a Parisian cafe. The food was amazing. It was a nice way to remember Paris.