Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Blue

Me and Blue stopping at our local Taco Casa after our KC-Tulsa-Dallas Trip. 

One last post about the summer of 2019. Maybe.

When I bought my Jeep in April I have to admit I was a bit nervous about how it would do on long trips halfway across the country. Would there be enough storage space for a family of four's gear? How it would handle bad weather? Would I be blown all over the road in high winds? Would the three-piece hard top leak in rainy conditions. Would I regret making this purchase?

The answer is absolutely no...I do not regret buying the Jeep. It handled long distance travel fantastically. I ran into some high winds and it was fine. I drove through some torrential downpours driving both on my way to Kansas City from Indiana and on our drive to Florida. No leaks. In city driving the Jeep handles more nimbly than any other car I've owned except our Mini Cooper. On highways the Jeep is solid and dependable.

So yes, Me and the Jeep bonded over our summer travels. He finally got a name...Blue. Blue because of the color and also reminiscent of Blue the Raptor in Jurassic World. Blue is still young. We just crossed 10,000 miles. Nothing has gone haywire yet. I do have a recall to take care of soon. And if once the miles add up and problems start popping up then I might sing a different tune. But for now, Blue has been a great traveling vehicle.