Saturday, January 17, 2015

Podcasts

So recently I've gotten into podcasts. I know I'm late to the party. Podcasts have been around for a long time but I never listened to them because I didn't have a smart phone until a couple of years ago. Before then, I would either have to listen to the podcast at the computer (which was too stationary) or download them to my iPod...which always seemed more work than it was worth. I know, how lazy is it to be deterred from plugging a wire into a computer, call up a site, download into iTunes, then sync to your device? Yeah. That was much too tedious. Takes more than three steps? I'm out.

But once I got an iPhone I discovered how great podcasts are. I listen to them in the car when I need a change from listening to music. I listen to them while running. I listen to them while washing dishes. I find podcasts a wonderful thing. It's like going back to the golden days of radio but you get to choose what you listen to. My mind has been blown by some amazing info and great storytelling. And the options are limitless! And free!

The podcasts that I've been listening to recently include the following...

The Liturgists (with Michael Gungor and Science Mike)
National Geographic Weekend (with Boyd Matson)
The Robcast (with Rob Bell)
MTN Meister (Exploring the minds of those who Explore)
Relevant Magazine
Radiolab
Freakonomics Radio
Stuff You Should Know Podcast
TedTalks Audio
NPR Ted Radio Hour
All Who Wander