Saturday, January 02, 2010

Thoughts on 2010, 09, etc...

.


I am very glad 2010 is here. Overall 2009 was a good year. But the last three months ended fairly stressfully. Work issues, church issues and the loss of a loved one made the last 12 weeks of 09 a bit hard. Harder than normal.


So I'm ready for 2010. Some quick hits on the holiday season which were so busy I didn't blog much.

I saw Kimberly fall from a ski lift. Fortunately the lift was only three feet off the ground. Her ski-tips caught the ground at Paoli Peaks in Indiana. She landed face first into the ground below. A cat scan at the ER verified that all was okay. Before the fall the skiing had actually been pretty good.

Jackson got to sled in the snow in Indiana. Click the vid and check out pics on my flickr account.

At a family gathering on New Year's Eve I noticed the theme on Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve was stars who are past their prime and don't know it. Jennifer Lopez looked freakishsly weird, Britney Spears looked hungover and Beyonce looked way out of shape. And I couldn't take my eyes off of Ryan Seacrest's hair...my eyes were oddly hypnotized by his coiff updo.

I have too many gift cards and am overwhelmed on how to spend them. Bought four books today from half-books for $2.00 with a giftcard. Wander aimless around Best Buy and Borders and had book and video overload. I'm not much of a browser. I like to go in and know what I'm looking for.



My Christmas lights did not blow off my roof this year.

Okay gotta go. See ya.