Saturday, July 21, 2007

Ode to the Blowhards

I met a lot of great people at this past Euro Conference and as I said, our presenter was fantastic. But by the end of the week you do begin to tire of the blowhards who have no self-awareness and always have to throw in their special knowledge. There was a guy recording everything into a cassette and I was really tempted to say inappropriate words just to make it onto his recording. Ah...but I didn't...but I did write a poem and a couple of Haikus to release my frustration. The moral...let others participate...you don't have to prove how smart you are all the time.

Ode To An AP Euro Conference

A Sonnet of 14 Stanzas from the point of view of an obnoxious know-it-all...

We are the smartest people in the world.
Monday through Friday our genius swirled.
Carson was always wrong and we were always right.
Except for those bums Ty, Telford and David White.
All were wise and oh so smart
Into that guy's cassette I want to say "FART!"
You better not stumble or make a mistake
Or I will expose you as an AP Euro fake.
During all breaks I must talk and monopolize Carson.
Don't get between me and Eddie or I'll commit arson.
OOPS! You said 1588 and clearly it was 1589.
Yes, I said that, that comment was MINE!
That marxist Carson must be smoking grass.
Next year I'm going to apply to teach his class.

Haiku to the Blowhards

Many Blowhards here
Must prove Carson wrong a lot
They are super smart.


Another Haiku to the Blowhards

Let me answer that!
I love the sound of my voice.
AND I'm always right!