Friday, July 20, 2007

AP European History Conference

Finished up a week long Advanced Placement European History Conference at TCU in Fort Worth, Texas today. Our presenter, Eddie Carson was excellent. He has a lot more patience than I do. Teachers can be some of the hardest students because in these settings there's always a few who want to impress and prove their knowledge. Plus they will call you on every mistake you make. But Eddie handles it with great skill and aplomb and we had a great week of intellectual discourse. I hope to run into Eddie the next time I'm down Houston way. I made some new contacts and ran into some old ones. And it's always good to talk with people with similar interests in your field of study.

My hour long commute each day went extremely well...no accidents that caused major back-ups the whole week. Me and the Mini Cooper were freeway flyers. TCU was a great site and Perotti's Pizza was, as always, very good.