Sunday, July 29, 2007

My MySpace is No More

Well after four weeks I have terminated my MySpace account. I never used it once and e-mail worked just as well to stay in contact with my college pals. The lurid nature of the advertisements and phishing was distasteful to me. I don't judge anyone for making use of MySpace for positive reasons. It just wasn't my cup of tea. So this wary luddite in a 2.0 world has signed his analog self out of that particular corner of the digital universe. I leave it to all the Millenials who have never seen Star Wars and don't remember and wouldn't believe how the Kansas City Royals once ruled the American League.

photo: Me and the Blues Brothers at Chicago's Midway Airport in 2005. Many may not know that I was an unofficial member of the Blues Brothers from 1986 through 1989.