Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weird things on the Road

As we were flying through Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois and finally Indiana and then back...we saw some interesting sights on the road. As we walked into the IHOP in Bryant, Arkansas I saw Billy Bob Thorton...or a guy who was the spitting image of Angelina Jolie's ex-husband. As soon as we walked in I turned to my brother-in-law Sam and said, "there's Billy Bob Thornton!" I went back to the truck to get my camera for proof. But as I was walking back in he was walking out with his group. I quickly made my way to the table and had my sister-in-law pull up the window blind so I could snap some shots surreptiousesly. Fortunately Billy Bob stopped in the parking lot and I got some good shots. Judge for yourself. Billy Bob or an imposter? Billy Bob is from Arkansas I do believe. Someone asked why I didn't say "Billy Bob" really loud in the IHOP to see if it was him. I responded that if I said that if I had said "Billy Bob" half the resturaunt would have answered being that we were in Arkansas.

We also saw the usual low flying crop dusters that you always see between Blytheville and New Madrid. Here are some shots of them coming close to hitting us on the highway..We also the Sanyo blimp heading south along I-57 near Boomland, Missouri. Weird stuff on I-30, I-40, I-55, I-57, and I-64.