Friday, September 29, 2006

Simplify

I haven't been able to post on my blog as frequently recently. I've been busy building shelves, cribs, trundle beds, desks, hanging blinds, etc... I can't blog at school because our district now employs a filtering system so airtight even wikipedia is off limits for reasons only a fascist would understand.

One of the great benefits of being a teacher are the many opportunities that abound for fresh starts and new beginnings. Each new six week term, semester, and especially each new school year allows for catching up, introspection, and new resolutions.

One of my goals this six weeks is to simplify. My life is about to kick into a new level of complexity with the anticipated arrival of our son in December. There will be many things in my life I will not be able to control. So I would like to reduce, coelesce, and eliminate much of the clutter in my life that makes control difficult. Yes, I know you cannot control everything...but it would be nice to control what you can control, if that makes sense. For me...I experience paralysis when things become too cluttered or convoluted with unnecessary complexity. So that's my new goal...Simplify.