Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fireants!

I hate the fireants! Finally we got some much needed rain on the Fourth of July yesterday. It rained walruses and clams! I didn't mind many of the firework shows being dampened. We're under drought conditions and my lawn needs the rain. However, I wake up this morning, go outside and there they are...the fire ant mounds. Five mounds in my front yard alone. I despise these little buggers.

I had never heard of fire ants until I moved to Texas nine years ago. Then I was told you better watch out for them. They're ants that bite AND sting. Lovely. I guess they have migrated from Mexico. The only good thing is that they have killed off most of the scorpions that used to roam these parts.

But I spend half my summer days attacking these mounds and when you accidently step in one of their areas...they bite fast and often. So after I sign off here...guess what I'm doing? That's right...death to the ants!