Tuesday, July 25, 2006

AP European History Conference

This past week I attended an AP European History conference at Texas Christian University. I will be teaching AP European History for the first time this upcoming school year. People may find the idea of a history conference extremely boring. But it is intellectually stimulating to be in an environment with so many people well-versed on a subject I find fascinating. By the end of the week my mind actually ached from all the thinking and analyzing of European matters since the Renaissance.

photo: This is the TCU Hornfrog next to the building where my conference was. No one seems to be able to tell me the difference between a hornfrog and a horned toad. We used to play with horned toads during recess when I was a kid in Woodward, Oklahoma.