Saturday, February 18, 2006

Ice Day

It's raining ice in Texas today which is okay since we have nowhere to go. So we got a roaring fire in the hearth, the cats are re-invigorated by the cold and are running around like rabid lemurs. The watching of their non-stop stalking each other as prey is much more interesting than the Biathalon currently playing on NBC. Speaking of stalking...the biathalon is a great training ground for future psychos. Think about it. Guys skiing through the deep pine forests with high powered rifles shooting at targets and then skiing away as fast as possible. Great stuff. Also good for a day like this...green tea. Now, I've never liked hot drinks...never liked coffee (I tried so hard to like espresso in college...all the hipsters drank it...tasted like burnt embers to me), hot chocolate, hot cider...nothin'. But about two years ago when I was sick with a cold Kimberly made me a cup of green tea. Within an hour I was feeling a hundred times better. Now I drink the stuff every day. Studies show that green tea helps fight all kinds of cancer, free radicals, bad complexion...all kinds of ailments. It soothes sore throats and helps ease colds. I swear by it. It took me awhile to acquire the taste...so give it a fair chance. Hey, one of the things all those 110 year old men in Japan have in common is that they all drink green tea regularly. So give it a shot.