Thursday, April 18, 2024

The Nutmeg of Consolation

Just finished the 14th (out of 20) volume of the epic Aubrey-Maturin Series, The Nutmeg of Consolation. I have found so much joy in reading this series. I have enjoyed the series more and more as the years have gone on. I started in 2003 with intermittent gaps. So it's taken me twenty-one years to get through fourteen volumes and I'm not sure why I have taken so long. The books go quickly when I start. But there have been lapses of a couple of years before I acquired the next volume. Now days I try to search for the next couple of volumes at Half Price Books before I'm ready to start them.

But that's okay. Stretches it out longer. The series is one long continuous narrative and one novel leads right into the next. Such genius writing and planning. And who knows, when I get through them I'll probably be ready to retire, and I'll start the whole series again!