Saturday, March 11, 2023

Spring (false?) Hopes



At the time of this writing (Tuesday 3/7/23) the Kansas City Royals are in first place in the Cactus League Spring Training standings. They are 10-2 and hitting the lights out of the ball.

I shall enjoy this while it lasts because projections for the Royals this year are pretty grim. Most computer models have the Royals finishing with around 90 losses and in last place in a weak division. 

But spring is a time of hope right? Spring training games don't really matter do they? Well, winning is always better than losing and I'll take it right now because when the real games start it might get pretty rough. 

I hope to catch the Royals at least once when they come through Arlington in April. I also hope to catch a game when I'm in KC this summer. Unfortunately there's only one game this summer that works with my KC schedule, a game against the Rockies. But I need to take advantage of any opportunity to catch a game in Kauffman since the Royals are looking to build a new stadium in a few years.