Sunday, February 19, 2023

Another W&P Update


Just a few days ago I posted how I was going to have to start reading War and Peace all over again due to my discovery that I was actually reading an abridged edition. Depressing thought since I was already 175 pages in over a three month period (since I only read a few pages a day).

But surprisingly I've actually enjoyed getting back into it. Granted I'm only six short chapters in. I find the Maude translation far easier to digest than the Kropotkin abridgment. Of course it may also be easier because this is my second go around and I'm having an easier time keeping track of all the characters. 

Well, who knows...it might all melt into confusion again in the near future. But I'm going to enjoy the enjoyment of reading the Maude translation compared to Princess Alexandra's while I can.