Tuesday, March 23, 2021

The Mothership

 

One of my favorite things to do is to head to the Half Price Bookstore "mothership" location north of downtown Dallas and spend some gift card money. I got to do just that last week on my birthday. My family was very patient and allowed me to browse at leisure. 

The first place I head to is the clearance section. There's always treasure back there, classics for $2. I then systematically work my way through the store. It's a massive bookstore and can be overwhelming if you don't come in with a plan. I always have a list of authors or books that I'm looking for. But I also leave some time just to wander and browse. 

I came away with seven books this visit. This should satisfy my reading requirements for the next several months. Here's what I came away with...

 
 
I'm looking forward to reading them all. I've started with both Naomi Klein's This Changes Everything and Kim Stanley Robinson's Red Mars.