Tuesday, September 22, 2020

First Day of Fall


This year, the weather in Texas has been appropriate to the beginning of the Fall Season. It's cool and rainy. I find it so refreshing after a long hot summer. August is almost unbearable in Texas. 

Unfortunately, one of my favorite traditions that marked the changing of the season is no more. Live From Here with Chris Thile always began in the fall. The show was a harbinger of cooler temps, leaves changing color then falling and shorter days. Due to the pandemic, Minnesota Public Radio could no longer afford to produce the show. So, the show was canceled. Jackson and I greatly enjoyed LFH and we even went to see the show when they traveled to Austin a few years ago. They even played one of my song requests and mentioned my name on the show in a memorable episode. 

I am glad for Autumn. But I am a bit nostalgic for Live From Here helping usher in the season.