Thursday, April 23, 2020

Some Background



I've been conducting a lot of Zoom Meetings during The Quarantine as I teach my high school classes remotely. I've started using virtual background to change things up as we are now in our fourth week of online classes. StarWars.com made available some hi-res backgrounds of iconic Star Wars imagery for this purpose. I've also used some of my favorite landscape photos in my phone as backgrounds. I'll post some of those later.

Recently I began using a short one minute video loop as my background. I created this loop from the classic 1902 silent film, Le Voyage dans la Lune (A Trip to the Moon). This film is often credited as being the first science fiction movie. Directed by Georges Melies it was a major blockbuster in it's day. The film is about twelve minutes long and it's available on YouTube to stream. I captured a minute of the footage and created a loop to use on my zoom meetings.