Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Fall Break


Nice four day weekend. Friday we drove up to Tulsa. Our daughter's big birthday present was my wife taking her to see her favorite singer, Lauren Daigle, in concert. Going to Tulsa also gave us a chance to see my Grandparents, Aunt and cousins. It was a nice smooth trip.


Yesterday (Monday) was Fair Day. We made our annual trek to the State Fair of Texas. I always love going to the Fair although we are always worn out by day's end. My tracker recorded over 13,000 steps. Someday, I'd like to just hang out in some shady cool place and people watch. There are so many strange people who make their way to the fair.

 We stopped at the Paris, Texas Eiffel Tower on the way back from Tulsa

The famous World of Birds show made its return after a five year hiatus and that was a highlight. Jackson and Ava got to sit in some fancy cars at the car show. We got to ride a few rides and play some Midway games. The Dog Stunt Show is always fun. We didn't make it to the Livestock Exhibits. And we always leave by 4 pm. We have never been to the fair at night. I can imagine that's a whole different experience.