Wednesday, May 17, 2017

New Buds


I had been looking for new earbuds for quite awhile. The stock earbuds that come with my iPhone weren't that bad. They just kept getting loose in the ear with any kind of head movement which lessened the sound quality considerably.

I didn't want to fork over a lot of cash, but I wanted some good quality earbuds. After several weeks of research and seeing lots of good reviews I decided to give Symphonized a shot. They were only $25 so it wasn't a huge risk. 

Three months later I can say I'm very pleased with these buds. I got the Symphonized NRG 3.0 Wood In-Ear Noise-isolating Headphones with Mic and Volume Control. 

They came with three sets (small, medium and large) of silicone earbud covers to customize the fit. I spent a week switching the three sizes out before finally going with the small set. The customizable covers allow you to determine which size best seals off the ear canal for best noise isolation.

It did take me a little bit to grow accustomed to the fit. I was used to loose fitting earbuds, which was the initial gripe I had with the Apple set. My first couple of Apple stock earbuds came with cheap foam covers that worked well enough for a time. They just didn't last long. And I could never find replacements at any store. And the last couple of stock sets didn't even bother with earbud covers. 

So the tight fit of the Symphonized buds, which does provide for better sound and less annoyance because they don't fall out, did take some getting used to. And after an hour or so they could be a little uncomfortable. But that soon went away as I grew used to them. The better sound quality is definitely worth it. Now these things seemed formed to my ear. 

Yeah, they're not as good as my big Audio-Technica studio cans. But for on the go purposes, they are fantastic. The wood frame really brings the best out of the sound. 

The official specs:
  • Natural Wood Housing for Better Bass Response and Acoustic Performance
  • Soft silicone ear buds provide a super comfortable, noise reducing fit
  • Built in Microphone
  • Gold-plated 3.5 mm audio jack for premium, no-loss sound connection to your audio device.