Sunday, March 08, 2009

Guest Blog Post on The Professor

My friend and colleague Eddie Carson graciously allowed me the honor this week of submitting a guest blog post on his award-winning blog “The Professor” which I proudly include on my blogroll. Eddie is the director of A.P. Programs for the elite Houston Christian High School. He serves on the A.P. European History Test Development Committee and is a frequent presenter at A.P. conferences around the nation. I first met Eddie a few years ago at TCU at a European History Summer Institute that he was conducting. His guidance and advice has been invaluable as I sought to introduce an A.P. European History course to the curriculum at KHS. Three years ago I could get only five students to sign up for the course. Next year we have 35 students already signed up and may possibly have to open another section for the first time. Plus, Eddie is the one who introduced me to the world of sushi cuisine for the first time last summer.

My POST, discussing the place of African-American historical studies in academia can be found HERE.


photo: Henry Louis Gates, Jr. The subject of my post on The Professor.