Friday, March 21, 2008

Favorite Music

A student asked me the other day what my favorite songs of all time were. I hadn't thought about that in awhile so I decided to make a list...I love lists. These are my current favorite rock/pop songs of all time. I limited a group to only one song...so a group like the Beatles or Zeppelin only get one song despite singing many of my favorite songs. The list is constantly changing so this is simply a snapshot.

My top twenty (in no particular order) favorite songs at the moment.

Lazy Boy by Brazzaville
Sleepwalker by Santo and Johnny
Holiday by Weezer
D'yer Maker by Led Zeppelin
I Can Hear Music by The Beach Boys
Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles
Hook by Blues Traveler
Candela by Buena Vista Social Club
Waiting For My Lucky Day by Chris Isaak
Sweet Jane by the Cowboy Junkies
Do You Realize? by The Flaming Lips
Monkey Wrench by Foo Fighters
The Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News
Blue by The Jayhawks
Here Comes Your Man by the Pixies
My Iron Lung by Radiohead
Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis
Since I Don't Have You by The Skyliners
Blue Moon by The Mavericks
Invisible Touch by Genesis

photo: Jackson stealing one of my CDs