Saturday, March 10, 2007

Routine Jackson

As you can tell, I haven't had a lot of time to post blogs lately. My schedule has solidified into the following routine...

6:00 am - get up and get ready

7:10 am - report to work and read the news on the internet until 7:30

7:30 am - 3:45 pm - Stomping out ignorance with a bunch of knucklehead high schoolers.

4:15 pm - Arrive at the brickhouse and tiptoe as not to wake Jackson from nap. Take out the trash, recycle, read mail, kill stupid texas fire ants, and vegg for about 10 minutes.

5:00 pm - eat dinner and entertain Jackson

5:30-6:30 pm - hurredly do some chores around the house sometimes with Jackson strapped to chest.

6:30 pm - Jackson bathtime and wind down for his bedtime

7:00 pm - Attempt to put Jackson down to bed...sometimes successful sometimes...not so much.

7:30 pm-9:00 pm - get stuff ready for work the next day...ironing, making lunch that sorta thing. Maybe catch a show I videotaped since I rarely get to see shows as they air.

9:00 pm (yes 9 o'clock if lucky and Jackson cooperates) - crash on my bed utterly exhausted

Midnight - Jackson wants to eat and be changed

4:00 am - Jackson wants to eat and be changed.

6:00 am - it all starts again.

But oh the greatness of being a teacher. This next week is Spring Break. I am not going to the beach and I am not going to the slopes. I am going to sleep.