Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Got a New Hat

 
 
Last week we went to a thrift store near downtown, Dolly Pythons. I bought a new hat. A Charlestowne by Goorin Brothers for $30. They list new for $115 so I thought that was a pretty good deal. I've wanted an old fedora for some time. I've always liked hats and when I was a kid had a cheap fedora I wore as part of my Indiana Jones Halloween costume for three years in a row. 

But I was reluctant to get one in adulthood because I didn't want to look like a wannabe hipster. But now that I'm in my fifties I care less and less about what people think of my personal style. One thing I regret in life is that I sometimes I didn't feel free to be myself style-wise in fear of what others might say. With age, I worry about that less and less. If I want to wear a fedora...I'm going to wear a fedora.