Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Music Replay 2023

This was the summary of my Apple Music listening for 2023. Not too surprising that Marsalis was number one because he was one of my discography projects at the beginning of the year. I listened to virtually every Wynton Marsalis album released to start the year out. The Smashing Pumpkins coming in at number 2 was a bit surprising. My son and I did listen to a lot of their stuff leading up to their August concert and the weeks afterward...but I didn't expect we listened enough to get them to number two! I'm in the middle of a Nina Simone deep dive discography project so her high spot makes sense. 

The rest are the usual suspects although Sting kind of surprised me. It has been several months since I've listened to him. Also, The Raul Malo album, Quarantunes, I didn't discover until around Thanksgiving. I did have that album in heavy rotation for about two weeks. Two big surprises: no Weezer or Beatles in my top 15. Also, Coltrane didn't crack the Top 15? Hmmm.