Friday, August 04, 2023

Old Hollywood

  

One of the reasons we went to LA this summer was to see Hollywood. I'm an old movie buff and I wanted to do the cheesy Hollywood things. I had heard for years that Hollywood Blvd can be pretty sketchy and that was somewhat true. Interesting characters lurk all over the Walk of Fame. But we never felt unsafe, well mostly. Our hotel, was just a block away so it was convenient to walk over. 


The Avengers!

Harry Potter Cast!

George Lucas and Steven Spielberg!


Star Wars!

Lisa Marie!


We didn't stay here but I wanted to see the legendary Roosevelt.

We always tell our son he was named after Jack White.

Humor was different back in the days. Not sure Bogie would say that these days.


 
In the steps of Gene Kelly!

My daughter loves this actress's name.

Ole Blue Eyes

Steve McQueen!

We originally took a lot of photos of the stars like dumb tourists. But there's just too many and who wants to look at photos of sidewalk stars? But we kept a few. Hitchcock is one of me and my son's favorite directors.