Friday, October 21, 2022

Books Read in 2021

 

This post is embarrassingly past due (not that anyone would notice). This is a list of the books I read in 2021. It is a short list. Only 12 works here. However, some of these works are rather lengthy. The Mars Trilogy is long but great. Swann's Way? So yeah, a short list but some lengthy and complex stuff here. Quality over quantity right? For comparison I've already read twenty-one books in 2022 and we're still in October. 

What sticks out to me about this list is that 2021 was the year that I finally was re-introduced to the works of Kim Stanley Robinson. I first read KSR in grad school but for one reason or another I didn't read another of his works until last year...much to my detriment. Since 2021 I have read seven of his works and am currently on my eighth. He has become one the most influential thinkers on my thinking. He is a compelling writer and brilliant thinker. 

Books I Read in 2021 

All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy

The Places in Between by Rory Stewart ( a second read )

The Ministry For the Future by Kim Stanley Robinson

Swann's Way by Marcel Proust ( A long form read, I read a few pages each day until finished )

Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson

Tao Te Ching by Lao Tsu ( Read this every day during meditations ) 

Girlfriend in a Coma by Douglas Coupland

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee ( a second read )

Green Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson

What is the Bible by Rob Bell

The Tripods: The White Mountains by John Christopher

Blue Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson