Tuesday, December 14, 2021

She&Him Christmas in Dallas

 

This past Saturday, my wife and I went to the SMU campus to McFarlin Auditorium to see She&Him perform a Christmas concert. Zooey Dechanel (She) has legit vocal range. She is the real deal. Great voice. M Ward (Him) has been one of my favorite guitarists/singer-songwriters for a long time. His album Migration Stories, released near the beginning of the 2020 covid shutdown helped me get through that stressful and weird time. 

 

They performed some of their non-Christmas standards as well. It was quite a concert. They played both with a band and acoustically as a duo. Everything was festive and top-notch.

 

It was a great experience and we got to see the lights on the Hilltop. It had been awhile since I had been on the SMU campus. It was good to be back. The concert was actually in the same auditorium where my masters graduation ceremony happened so that room always has good vibes for me. 

 

But She&Him are the real deal. Being on stage exposes those who are just products of the studio and a good producer and who actually has talent. Zooey and Ward were amazing live. They performed a phenomenal set.