Thursday, December 02, 2010

Catch up time. (or ketchup)

Yeah I know...I haven't been blogging as much lately. Lots of things keeping me busy.

Grad school. Going great so far. Twelve page papers...how I've missed you...actually not really.

Braces came off today. Ate crunchy tacos for lunch. I forgot how easy it is to eat for humans unimpeded by wires, brackets and rubber bands.

Surgery next week. Bone graft and sinus lift to make ready for two implants in six months. That will be a lot of fun. Hydrocodone vegetates me...helps me understand what my students must feel like every day in my class.

I am now the voice of Kaufman Lion soccer. Start in January. Yes...I will play Weezer after every goal. Just kidding...I think.

Can't decide what class to take next semester at SMU. Can't take the one I really wanted because it conflicts with soccer. The other one that somewhat interests me requires three three-page papers and a 25 page paper and I'm not sure I want to subject myself to that. But again...it is a Masters Program...not a slackers program.

Once again nominated for KHS teacher of the year. This is the third time. I am the Susan Lucci of KHS...always nominated...never wins. I'm sure I won't win. I don't hang out enough in the teacher's lounge. I hang out in my bat cave. My classroom is decked out with a microwave, fridge, tv, dvd player, computer, captain's chair, cantina lighting...why would I ever want to leave?

Thanksgiving was fun. Went to the Inner Space Caverns near Austin. There were bats. It was awesome. JDW loved it. Pics on Flickr.

OU-Nebraska one last time this Saturday. Another reason to hate the longhorns...driving the Huskers out of the conference. Growing up...this was the one OU game that mattered most every year.

Barcelona beats the scummy fascists of Real Madrid 5-0 earlier this week in one of the nicest games in history. So sweet to see the look on Christiano and Jose's face on the Madrid bench.

FC Dallas got shafted in the MLS cup. Ref swallowed his whistle and allowed the Rapids to murder our players. Made the beautiful game turn ugly. This isn't the NFL. Oh well.

Julian Assange has a creepy look about him. Have mixed feelings about wikileaks. So far I don't see any lives in danger...but I do see corrupt bureaucrats (Hillary) exposed for what they truly are.

Qatar...Russia...seriously? U.S.A. and England got hosed. Petrodollars can by anything. FIFA is as corrupt as the IOC.

Still debating about whether I should ask for a Kindle for Christmas. Dunno dunno dunno dunno. What a dilemma.

The doctor who is doing my surgery once skiied on the National Ski Patrol. He's my age. My orthodontist is my age. They're all my age. I'm getting old.

Okay...I guess we're caught up now. I will try to be more viligant. Peace, Love and Joy...
photo: JDW ready to go spelunkin'!