Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back in Tejas

Made it back to Big D with no major issues. Had a woman sitting next to me throwing up into a barf back all the way from Denver to OKC. That was a first. It was a bit of a bumpy take-off. I've watched too much LOST. Then we were on the tarmac in OKC for an hour due to weather in Dallas. Flying into Love Field is much cooler than flying into DFW. You fly right above the sky scrapers in downtown then drop several hundred feet faster than you would at a normal airport due to the limited airspace. Love is the only way to go...all you need is Love. Only the Baghdad corkscrew landings would be more interesting. I'll have to ask my friend Buck how that is...but he's still in Kuwait where he tells me it's 122 degrees.

I was dropped off at DIA six hours before my flight. Luckily ran into my WHAP crew (pictured) in the main terminus and we were able to kill some time before we went to our seperate terminals. Finally got my laptop working wirelessly so I could kill some more time on the internet. Then I paid $5.00 (supply and demand for you) for Backpacker Magazine to kill more time. Ran into SNU prof Peggy Poteet who was heading back to OKC at my gate and chatted with her awhile. Then read a history book (Cause that's how I roll).

Rainy in Dallas when I landed...but it was a cool 75 degrees...good since I'm spoiled on Rocky Mountain weather. What a great thing it was to see my wife and son again. Longest I've been away from them.

photo: Last dinner at CSU with Wes "Three Minutes of Fury", Chas "Saipan Jayhawk Hippie", Jerry "KCK", and "Freakin' Redwings" Eric.