Friday, June 29, 2007

A wary Luddite in a 2.0 world

I hate to admit this...I really do. I have a MySpace account. It is set on private...so only friends can see it and my address is not publicized. I don't update it much and am embarassed to have it. But I have it because it's a super easy way for me and some of my college buddies to keep up with one another. I just wish MySpace wasn't the forum. It seems so lurid and depraved. There's nothing wrong with it if you use it the right way. But so many people out there use it in ways that seem kind of gross...to find women and plan Roman-style fandangos. But even some churches and Sunday school classes are setting up MySpace networks...so it can be a positive force.

My MySpace tagline is..."A wary Luddite in a 2.0 world OR An analog man in a digital universe."