Tuesday, February 17, 2026

20th Anniversary

 

Today is the Twentieth Anniversary of Dave's Internet Lounge.

Yeah, February 17, 2006 I threw up that photo above (Mexico, 1998) and started writing.

Everyone had a blog in those days. Now, the term blog sounds antiquated. 

I look back on much of what I wrote and so much of it is nonsense. Fortunately very few people actually read my posts. 

Even less read my posts today. My primary audience was made up of my Mom and Dad and Grandparents. Maybe a former student or a friend hopped on every once in awhile. Well, my grandparents and my Dad have all passed away. I'm not sure if my Mom still passes this way online or not. I might get a stray random eyeball occasionally. But honestly, I no longer write for an audience.

I post to maintain a routine. Posting forces me to stop for a moment and observe the world around me. This blog has become an online journal of sorts. So, if I'm the only reader of Dave's Internet Lounge, I think I would actually prefer that.   

20 years! Man, so much has changed. It's nice to see there are still some corners of the world or internet that are still here.