Thursday, September 11, 2025

You're right, have fun


Ideally I would follow the same course. However, I find it too easy to be drawn offsides and I hate when I allow myself to be drawn in to stupid arguments. They are rarely productive. It's like the old saying: when you're wrestling a pig everyone gets muddy, no one wins and the pig likes it.

I must admit a weariness of living in a situation where I'm surrounded by those who's world view is so different than mine. If I moved just a few miles to the west it would be a different story. So often I have to keep my views to myself since I know sharing them will do nothing but cause anger and rancor. 

I have hope that someday my situation will change, that I will live among those who share many of my core values. I'm not naive enough to expect to live among those who agree with me on everything I believe in. I wouldn't want to live in an echo chamber. Not only would this be impossible, but it would be boring. But on the basic issues of empathy, acceptance, inclusivity, racial equality, gender equality, compassion for immigrants, sensible gun reform, mental health reform, vaccines, economic equality and more, I wish I could be around more people who were at least close to the same page as my views.