Wednesday, April 09, 2025

Field Books

Ads for Field Notes keep popping up on my various online feeds. Last year I was looking for a nice pocket sized notebook that I could use for day to day tasks like making lists etc. I wanted to save my Moleskine for journaling, poetry and more esoteric scribblings. I wanted to get away from using my phone as much as humanly possible, to go old school on some aspects of my life and get away from the screens. 

So I happened to find a cheaper alternative to Field Notes that work just as well. Field Books. A knock off that is half the price of the more famous Field Notes. The only difference is the name and font on the cover. I've compared both books. The staples are just as strong. Same amount of well made pages. I'm on my second Field Book and it held up in my back pocket very nicely. The book pictured here I've been using for nine months and it still looks good. Sometimes a cheaper knock off is as good as the name label.