Sunday, November 04, 2018

Rest in Peace, Hargrove...

Roy Hargrove died yesterday.

Age 49. Gone way too soon.

Roy's been a jazz hero of mine since my early college days. He was one of the great trumpet players of all time.

He died of cardiac arrest due to complications to kidney disease that he had been fighting for years.

Such a tragedy. I was devastated by the news.

I blogged about him just last year...twice. I called him an exploding light.

My son said this when I told him about Grovey's passing...

"He's not really dead. He lives on through his music."

Wise words from an eleven year old. I needed to hear that.

If you want to hear one of his great concerts...here's one of my favorites. Back in 2010 when Hargrove played the New Morning Cafe in Paris, France. Such a great set. Rest in peace, RH.