Monday, February 05, 2018

So It Is...



Snagged this on iTunes the other day. This album is so good. I've long been a fan of the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. This is their newest record and is among the best I've heard from them. I saw them about 15 years ago in Dallas at the Meyerson Symphony Hall. I have a framed black and white sketch of the original line up, on the wall of our converted studio/music room of our house above the piano. I love these guys and hope sometime to see them play in their home base in New Orleans.

I first heard tracks from their new album on an episode of Prairie Home Companion (now Live From Here with Chris Thile) in the fall. They appeared again as guests a few weeks ago when Live From Here broadcast from New Orleans.

My fave track is La Malanga. But the whole album is a masterpiece. We need more joyous music like this in gloomy times.