Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Fair Day


Yesterday we carried on our annual family tradition of going to the State Fair of Texas. Our school district gives every student and teacher a free ticket to the fair and school is out on Fair Day to allow student the opportunity to attend the fair.

We had a great time despite record heat. Pig races, magic shows, guys slam dunking basketballs off of trampolines were the some of the highlights. Terribly unhealthy food and weird exhibits make the fair great fun. We checked out some of the auto show...I've got my eyes on a new vehicle to replace my 15 year old truck. Rode some rides and browsed the markets.

Still, one day is not enough. When I retire some day I will buy a season pass and make several visits to the fairgrounds in October. I would like to just sit and watch the weird people who come to the fair.

photo: me and Little Big Tex watching guys from Hungary slam dunking basketballs off trampolines.