Wednesday, March 02, 2016

The Musical Planets


A few weeks ago I noted that this was going to be a most excellent year for music. In an election year full of mud-slinging, lies and noise we will need all the music we can get. Most of my favorite bands are releasing new albums this year. That's a strange thing since many of these groups only release music every few years. It's like the aligning of the musical planets.

Today it was Brazzaville. I discovered Brazzaville in the early 2000's. I've blogged about them many times. They are from Los Angeles, now based in Barcelona with their biggest following in Russia.

So this morning I grabbed my phone, opened the iTunes app, downloaded the album and listened to it via bluetooth over my truck's sound system on the way to work. People take technology for granted. I don't. I'm still amazed that I don't have to order their CD over the internet since you couldn't find Brazzaville in the major record stores (most of which don't exist any more) and have to wait a week or so before it arrived in your mailbox. It took me less than a minute to get their album and I still find that amazing.

Their new album is called The Oceans of Ganymede. I've only been able to listen to the first few songs. But of course it's great stuff. These guys don't disappoint. It's a Brazza kind of day.